Shamelessly cribbing from Brie today. I harbor a deep love for surveys that dates back to the furiously emailed ones from high school.
Ten Random Questions
1. What is one thing you want to learn to make before you die?
Oh, any number of things. Creme brulee especially. Mainly because it gives me an excuse to buy a mini blowtorch.
2. What is one thing you avoid doing to avoid humiliation?
Sometimes I get nervous about driving with people who I think might judge me. I also avoid making coffee for a group because I'm afraid it'll taste terrible.
3. If money weren't an issue, what's the first thing you'd buy?
A condo in St. Augustine, Florida. Or maybe another location. Really just a place to live.
4. What is one of your favorite blog posts you've ever written?
Hmm, tough one. The spider post certainly got a lot of responses. I wrote this one in December and I like it not so much for the content but for the incredibly kind comment that someone left.
5. Would you rather have a personal chef or a personal trainer?
I'm with Brie, I want a maid (or man-maid). Specifically a vacuuming maid - I love the way a clean carpet looks but vacuuming the stairs sucks.
6. What's a weird quirk you have?
I eavesdrop. I don't know if that's a quirk or a sign of poor moral character.
7. If you could invent any kind of animal, what would it be?
Since childhood I've wanted a pegasus. Yeah, that's right. I am secure enough to admit that.
8. What would you like now, at this very minute?
a) Jim b) a stack of twenties c) a better bottle of cabernet than the one I bought last night. But I'd settle for another pseudo latte like the one I made yesterday from an iced coffee and a free sample of a ridiculous coffee-frosty thing.
9. What was the first movie that ever made you cry?
Pocahontas - when she has to let John Smith go back on the ship but then runs up on that conveniently-placed ridge and watches it sail off into the sun (meaning it was ... 9 in the morning? This is the Atlantic we're talking about). I remember bending over to hide my face when the lights came up so my siblings wouldn't see.
10. What are a few of your greatest fears? Have they ever happened to you?
Spiders. Yes, I have had several traumatic encounters.
Using the handicapped bathroom stall and making an actually handicapped person wait. Yes, yes this did happen. And I knew the person.
Failure. Yep, that's happened too.
I'm supposed to tag ten other people, but that seems like a lot of pressure so I'll just let you decide if you want to devote a post to this frivolity (and remember, all the cool kids are doing it).