Sunday, April 26, 2009

Hillbilly burn

Note to self - when it's 90 degrees in the shade, do not attempt a seven-hour drive in a vehicle without air conditioning. My left arm is a much pinker shade than my right - you can even see where my bracelet was. Also make sure you have a partner for the road who is the rare combination of level-headed and good-natured (you're pretty amazing, T).

Our cookout actually did not involve any food cooked outside - we made coleslaw and baked beans, but the star was a seven-pound pork roast that pretty much fell off the bone. Well, the roast co-starred with the dish it was cooked in, the absolutely gorgeous 5.75 quart Le Creuset casserole I gave him as the main portion of his birthday present.

Yeah, I ate. I tried to just bracket off all the eating I did this weekend on the ride home, but I'm sure I'll be ranting about that sometime this week. I'm a bit too tired to care at this moment, and there's that thesis chapter that needs to be revised by Tuesday. Woot.

4 comments:

Wrapped up in Life said...

"Well, the roast co-starred with the dish it was cooked in, the absolutely gorgeous 5.75 quart Le Creuset casserole I gave him as the main portion of his birthday present."

The main portion of his b-Day gift?

Um, my b-day is Feb 6th and I collect the Flame Le Creuset pots...LOL

Loved the post title - you crack me up! I am quite jealous of the cook-out. The pork sounds soooooooo yummy.

But I could do w/o the long car ride & 90 degree sun.

I Hate to Weight said...

i wonder what life would be like if we could get our nutrition from a pill and not have to learn to deal with our food intake. it is nice to eat normally and have some tastey food. but sometimes i wonder all the work i have to do after, self-talk, self-talk, self-talk, is worth the taste of admission?

gaining back my life: if you're reading this, i'd love to be able to read your blog, if that's okay.

lisalisa said...

sounds like you had a great time! i didn't get to comment on your last post, but my brain was pretty much frazzled by combo of exotic sushi and full frontal male-ness!
Quite the trip :)

Lisa and Jim said...

E, he set the bar kind of high with Valentine's Day! It was actually a good deal and should last forever. Flame is a great color - the casserole only came in cherry, though.