Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lucky

I am so, so lucky in my friends.

I ate dinner with my roommates uptown. The restaurant we originally planned to patronize had a ridiculous wait, so we split up, got fast food (Subway has flatbread sandwiches now) and reconvened on the courthouse steps, which are on the main street through town. We sat and ate and watched people go by. I was surprised at how many I saw that I knew. Then later I met up with one of my very closest friends. We started at her place and planned to go uptown in a couple of hours, but we just kept talking and talking ... and then it was nearly two and the bars were about to close anyway.

I'm ready to leave here, I know. I'm ready to start that new part of my life. But the four years I've been in Athens have certainly been valuable.

No comments: