Monday, April 27, 2009

El futuro

Funny aside of the day - today in my African American Studies class, the Black Family, one of my (black) classmates made a comment about his father, who's one of nine. I was about to chime in - my mom is one of nine - but then I realized - whooa, oops, I do not have a black family. It's a good class, I really get into it!

Anyway, I have been battling the globbies today - focusing on every lump and jiggle. It seems screamingly obvious through my shirt. Did I mention it's almost 90 degrees and people are damn near naked? I'm struggling with a t-shirt and jeans. I envy how so many people can just let it all hang out.

And I'm engaging in "metacognition," as they say in my educational psych class. I'm thinking about how I think about my body - I hate my stomach, my hips are flabby. Clearly not healthy. So I'm going to make an effort - yet another one - to change this. I will be healthy. I will eat foods that nourish me - but sometimes ones that just taste good. I will exercise because it makes me feel good. I will, I will, I will.

And now I will go outside and say hello to the hand-size puppy that is sitting with his owners.

1 comment:

Wrapped up in Life said...

Never heard the term 'metacognition'.

That being said...when you mentioned 'people who let it all hang out', instantly I thought of the MANY people I see in public places wearing clothes that are obviously inappropriate for them.

Does no one tell them?

I think they do; but they just don't care.

Ah, to live the life.