Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dying of embarrassment (almost)

So I have really low blood pressure. And sometimes I get lightheaded, and sometimes I get dizzy when I stand up. And sometimes when something really hurts, like a muscle spasm, I pass out.

Which I did today. In the student center coffee shop.

They took me out on a stretcher. I would have been fairly comfortable with dying at that point, as long as people would STOP LOOKING AT ME.

Three hours later I was discharged. I am FINE. I walked home from the hospital (we live next door). Pee normal, blood normal. Healthy appetite. Hahaa. When the nurse gave my discharge papers she said "no dietary restrictions." I laughed.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Oh dear, that is embarassing. It shouldn't be! But I know the feeling - I have low blood sugar and I've passed out in public places. Never been carried out on a stretcher though, luckily.

Why do things like this embarrass us? They really shouldn't.

So now that you don't have any dietary restrictions you can eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's for dinner!

lisalisa said...

That sounds like quite the adventure! I'm glad you are ok!

Rach said...

That's happened to me too - when I was working. Except my boss was dumb enough not to even bother calling an ambulance.