Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reality check

I was all set to write a bitchy email about the work I have to do - three presentations, an annotated bibliography, research for my job, looking for real job opportunities, and that whole Miami thing. Oh, and how all y'all are either too chicken or mature to respond to my last post.

Then someone in my Epidemiology class started talking about her roommate's recent death from surgery complications. She had the operation done at one of the notoriously crappy hospitals in the area. When she went into anaphylactic shock from the anesthesia, she was flown to Columbus. Four days later she died. (Note - I was across the room when she said this, so it's not like I was in Super-Creeper Eavesdropper mode).

Sometimes you need a punch in the gut to put things back in perspective.

No comments: