Saturday, October 18, 2008

Curse you, Denise Austin

Friday I decided to do an exercise DVD instead of going to the gym - it was a time issue. I dug out the Denise Austin Cardio Blast workout, which has two twenty-minute segments: one for cardio, and one for strength. Okay, I usually do 35 minutes on the elliptical, so I'll just do both of the workouts, I thought. I'm in better shape now than I was a year ago when I bought it, so it should be fine.

Ohhh, how wrong I was, my friends. That perky blond potato-shiller had me wheezing two-thirds into the cardio workout. When I finished, surprisingly sweaty, I thought, the strength one won't be so bad, right? Wrong again. Yesterday getting up from a chair was a painful, multi-step process, one that is only slightly less so today. Fire in the loins? Good (except syphilis). Fire in the groins? Not good. Going to the gym would just hurt.

I still want to work out, of course, but I'm sticking with my gut (hahaha). I overdid it on Friday, and a two-day recovery break is a good idea. I just have to fight the tubby feeling.

No comments: