Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Awakening

I was reluctant to get out of bed today, and I can't figure out why. I decided to go to the gym this afternoon instead of this morning, so I didn't even have to get up as early as I usually do. Still I hit snooze twice. It wasn't sleep I was after, because that wasn't coming. There's a lot that seems stuck right now - maybe I was subconsciously "stuck" too. This quarter's included a lot of wrong turns, backtracking, and hurry-up-and-wait. I'm involved with a nonprofit for my Applied Anthropology class - which I'll post more about in a couple of days - but it's not the most efficient of organizations. I need to go through Institutional Review before I can get much done for my thesis. And good lord in heaven, the public school system is entirely too Byzantine to function. I took surveys all the time when I was in middle and high school - how hard can it be?

I'm sorry to bitch. There are plenty of good things going on, things that are certainly worth getting out of bed for. It's gorgeous - say what you will about Ohio, it has some surprisingly pretty pockets. And all frustrations aside, I'm a senior in college. That alone puts me in the luckiest sector of the population. There are so many possibilities open to me for the next few years - it's almost scary. Scary and exciting all at once. Maybe that's why I couldn't get out of bed? If that's the case, I need to stop analyzing my life so much and just live it. People (with medical degrees) have been telling me to do that for years - about damn time I actually do.

No comments: