Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I did it

I called Dr. M again. I left a message at her office at 6:30, and I didn't expect to hear back from her until tomorrow. The receptionist apparently could hear that I'd been crying and called Dr. M herself right away. Instead of being angry or disappointed or "I-told-you-so" like I feared she might, Dr. M called me from her car on her way to a meeting. What can I say, she's good people. We're going to talk on Monday, and hopefully I can get this OCD/anxiety monster licked.

3 comments:

Cammy said...

Yay, Lisa! I am so happy you did this for yourself! I am sorry that you're having a hard time, but you should be incredibly proud of making such a difficult move at a time when things are so stressful and challenging.

Hang in there and treat yourself kindly,
C.

Tiptoe said...

Lisa, yeah for making the appt. I know how difficult that can feel but you did it. Hopefully, Dr. M. will be able to help you and get all this anxiety sorted out.

Wrapped up in Life said...

Wow - that was a courageous thing for you to do - you went with your feelings and you stood up for yourself!

Very excited for you :)