Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Prairie doggin it

Two events yesterday worth noting:

First, I met the Most Well-Known Disaster Anthropologist yesterday! And ... it was rather anticlimax (that's been happening a lot this summer). I didn't get to talk to him much, and his presentation was cut short. Since he's pretty much a rock star, he's difficult to get close to. I'm such a science groupie.

Second, we were treated to a barbecue at this amazing weather/climate research lab. I swear, I have never seen a view like that - it was absolutely incredible. And even though I was a little keyed up over the food, I still managed to relax a little bit. I talked to some interesting people (not the Most Well-Known Disaster Anthropologist), including someone from the University of Akron and someone who's been in Ohio government for years.

Now that I'm finally starting to have fun ... we have to leave.

No comments: