Saturday, March 7, 2009

Eeeky

I put on springtime pants today and they are ... snug. Around the waistband, which actually sits at my hips given the kind of pants these are.

Okay. This does not make me a bad person. It does not make me fat. I means that my body has changed shape since last ... when was the last time I wore these pants? May? It means that my hipbones are no longer the most prominent thing about my torso. It means that it is possible to have pants that actually require one to unbutton them before taking them off.

I decided to leave them on - they aren't cutting off circulation. I'm trying to get used to the idea that clothes can actually touch my body and it's not a bad thing.

2 comments:

I Hate to Weight said...

i know this one well. i have pants that used to fall off me. now, they fit. of course, at first i tried to convince myself they'd shrunk wildly in the dryer. but i know they fit now, because i'm at a good, healthy weight. it's sad that if they happened to fall off again, a part of me would be happy. but another part would know that wasn't healthy.

i'm glad you've got a good perspective. if old thoughts creep in, that's normal. keep thinking the good thoughts and more often than not, they'll prevail. at least that's how it is for me.

Wrapped up in Life said...

Healthy mindset = healthy body.
Way to go, Lisa :)

o.s. the word ver. was 'multi'. Makes me think of vitamins.