Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday

First, a bigass happy-birthday to my younger sisters. You are now seventeen and I am more terrified than ever.

Second, this may be the quarter during which my eyes jump out of my head in protest. I have a lot of reading to do. I'm starting my thesis - it's on abstinence-based sex ed and the anthropology of the body - and, well, there are a lot of books with odd titles and small print in my room now. Which is already a mess after fewer than three days of residence.

On the other hand, I got up early and went to the gym. Kath Eats Real Food was right when she said a morning workout revs you up for the rest of the day. Also, my first impression of the Class and Inequality course (the five-book class) is a good one. Though it might be a sort of race-to-the-bottom scenario in which everyone competes for the title of "least privileged." However, the prof is not politically correct and I don't think she'll tolerate students being so. We'll be discussing the relationship/conflict of liberty and equality, which will give me plenty of things to bother Jim about.

No comments: