Thursday, September 11, 2008

A conversation

Setting: anywhere
Cast of characters: Lisa, OCD Thought

Lisa begins to worry.

Lisa: That's an OCD thought. I need to distract myself so I don't dwell on it.

OCD Thought: Wait, what? How do you know I'm from your OCD? C'mon, you aren't exactly the most objective person to be judging this.

Lisa: Stoppit, I'm trying to label you.

OCD Thought: You can't label something if you don't know what it is.

Lisa: But I do. I know what you are.

OCD Thought: You can't be sure. I might be a legitimate worry. I might be important.

Lisa: No, you can't be. You're completely irrational, you don't make sense, and you have no basis in reality.

OCD Thought: Who are you calling irrational?

My eating disorder definitely had obsessive and compulsive elements, but it's been a long time since I had worries that were rooted solidly in my OCD. I forgot how fucking miserable they are.

No comments: