Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Learning Curve

Mother. Of. God.

Yesterday ranks as one of the worst days of my life. I was a puddle of tears by 3:30. Four-year-olds defeated me.

But they did not defeat me today. Well, not entirely. I have two that are especially fractious - one that might have something a little off upstairs, and another who's just oppositional. Not "just," I suppose. He called me a bitch. He's four, remember.

So this will be a challenge.

I still hate my body, but at least I'm not thinking about it from 8:40-3:30.

5 comments:

Harriet said...

They sure can suck the life out of your, can't they? I hope today is better.

Kristina said...

Lisa,
I've been AWOL for a few weeks, but I'm back (too). I want to give you mad props for sticking it out. The first year of teaching does present a huge learning curve. And people can read as many books n pedagogy and methodology as they want, but it's the hands on experience that truly teaches us. In my opinion, at least. And, yokes! Four-year-olds! I think you're very brave.

Sarah (your sister) said...

Oh wow, hon. That sounds insane. They may have won the first battle, but you will definitely win the war.

Also, I love the word "fractious."

Wrapped up in Life said...

Wow.

Time for some good old-fashioned soap in the mouth...

I Hate to Weight said...

I have NO idea how you do it. Four year olds -- YEEEEK!

i have no patience. none.

i really admire you.