Thursday, September 10, 2009

Kiss your brain

I tell my four-year-olds they're so smart, they should kiss their brains*: kiss their palms and then pat their heads.

Because they are smart. And you are too, so you should kiss your brain.

My kids are actually learning. I don't know if it's because I'm teaching them or because they already knew, but they know the difference between a triangle and a circle.

Did you kiss your brain? Do you think it's silly? I did it in front of my class. Kiss your brain. You deserve it.


*I should note that I did not come up with this. That's a TFA thing.

3 comments:

I Hate to Weight said...

this is a great post. you're an inspired teacher.

xoxox

Sarah (your sister) said...

I totally just kissed my brain. Sure it's silly, but silly is not a bad thing.

I'm glad things are going better now, hon. :)

Harriet said...

I love it! I've never kissed my brain, but I've throttled it many a time.