Monday, June 16, 2008

An Amish paradise

On Saturday all the interns drove up to Lancaster PA. One of the guys lives up there, and we raided his house for pots and pans. The landscape is gorgeous - rolling farmland, horses and cows and even alpacas, and more Amish than I've ever seen in my life. I was on a buggy high.

We wound up having a great time - the boys were fantastic cooks (veggie lasagna) and nothing brings young adults together like pop music from our youth (and, well, the beverages didn't hurt). It's odd, but I think the intensity of the first week has made us all feel really close. Last night my three roommates and I sat and talked for an hour - it was very cozy. Of course it makes me miss my Athens roommates hard. And the boyfriend. Oh, I miss them.

Food was really difficult all last week, because a) everything was willy-nilly and unpredictable and b) they kept feeding us. We went to a cookout, a reception, and a lunch. Plus living in the dorms again brings its own challenges, although we have a stove and full-size fridge. I don't want to have to buy a scale, but I don't want to go for nine weeks without knowing what I weigh.

Sorry for the super-personal post. I'll get back to my hard-hitting commentary, I promise.

No comments: