Thursday, October 1, 2009

Moving Images

Today I endured something that can be excruciating for anyone, let alone someone in recovery from an eating disorder: I watched myself on film. On Wednesday my TFA mentor came in and taped the beginning of my day. We watched the film today during my planning period.

Awful as it was, I learned a shit ton. We talked about some solutions that would be quick, easily implemented, and would go a long way to improving things.

I also realized that no, I'm not thin and lithe but I am also not a fatass. Not. A fatass. Of course I hate the way I look naked but at least in clothes, I'm okay.

And I have good hair.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

Lisa,
I hate just being observed, but the taping experience (which I have had to endure recently) is just, well, as you said, excrutiating. Glad that you learned from it though and that you are working on strategies/solutions that will help you.
Hope you have a good weekend, enjoying your hair a lot.

The Thrifty Book Nerd said...

I hate being recorded also but I am glad that learn from the experience.

Harriet said...

I've never had that experience, and I don't think I'd like it. I would focus on my hair too probably.

I Hate to Weight said...

oooooooooh. not for me. i hate to be critiqued. that tfa would have reduced me to a pool of sweat and tears, no matter what she/he/it said. maybe you really are made for this?

i am glad you noted your lack of fatassitude.

(note to myself. don't go into teaching. i have terrible hair -- would not withstand terrifying videotape experience.)

Lisa and Jim said...

LOL, it's not the filming your hair has to withstand - it's the sticky fingers of curious children ...