Tuesday, November 3, 2009

And here we go again

Two more bad days. I know that teaching is going to have its ups and downs, but dammit I really thought I was on the right track.

Trying to think of something positive to hold on to. I guess what's really keeping me going is the thought that I have one person who has decided, for some reason or another, that he wants to spend not just this year, not just next year, but a whole bunch more years with me. Like all of them. And that long after Teach for America is a memory, Jim will still be there.

The same goes for my family - no matter what happens, I've still got them.

So that's something. If that's what it takes to get me through, then so be it.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

It's more than something, it's everything. Nothing else is important. "Love is All You Need", right?

Tiptoe said...

Sorry you've been having ups and downs with everything. It doesn't make life easier but it does remind us how we can endure through more than we are capable of.

So glad you have Jim as support!